Miso Dengaku Tarte Soleil
Makes one tarte.
2 x round puff pastries
3 Tbsp white miso
3 Tbsp red miso
1 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp brown cane sugar
2 tsp black sesame seeds
2 tsp white sesame seeds
- Put the puff pastry in the freezer for 15-20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients. Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Divide the egg yolk into 2 parts in different bowls.
- Mix half of the egg yolk with white miso and white sugar.
- Mix the other half of egg yolk with red miso and brown sugar.
- Place one pastry dough on a baking tray. Using a spoon, spread the white miso on one half of the puff pastry and the red miso on the other half. Leave 1-2 cm from the edges.
- Sprinkle the black sesame seeds on the white miso side, and the white sesame on the red miso side.
- Place the second puff pastry on top. Set a small glass upside down in the middle. Using a sharp knife, make 4 cuts away from the glass to get 1/4 pieces. Cut these 1/4 pieces in half to get 1/8 pieces. Cut the 1/8 pieces in half to get 1/16 pieces. Finally, cut the 1/16 pieces in half to get 1/32 pieces.
- Remove the glass. Carefully twist each strip 5-6 times and press end piece lightly onto the baking tray with your thumb.
- Brush beaten egg white on top of the pastry. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until evenly brown and crisp.
- Surprise your apéro party guests with a sun-shaped pastry hiding two different miso flavours! 🙌 Magnifique!